The land of kings! Welcome to the feature of Rajasthan. Rajasthan is a north Indian state bordering Pakistan. Rajasthan is one of the most popular tourist destinations to observe Indian heritage and royalty closely. Every single place in Rajasthan, is the attraction of tourists from all over the world. Regions that come under Rajasthan are:
Ajmer has a very limited market place. It an important pilgrimage site for Muslims.
The places that are popular in ajmer are :
• The Dargah of the saint Moinuddin Hassan Chishti is a major pilgrimage centre for Muslims (and some Hindus).
• Shah Jahan’s Mosque is the most beautiful of all the structures in the Dargah precinct. It is made of white marble, delicately carved with trellis work.
• Ana Sagar is the tank (manmade lake) in Ajmer. Daulat Bagh is a garden on the near side of Ana Sagar and is a nice place to relax.
• There is a Jain temple on the way to Ana Sagar which is quite beautiful from the outside.
• Traditional basket weaving, Near Kaisar Ganj close by Markaz Allahrakha Masjid (Just south of the railway station).
Bharatpur is a city and municipal corporation of Rajasthan. The famous places to visit here are:
• Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur National Park is a famous bird watching paradise and is among one of the World Heritage sites.
• Lohagarh Fort is one fort which is known as the invincible fort of India. Literally translated, it means Iron Fort. This fort has withstood repeated attacks of the Mughal as well the British forces.
• Banke Bihari Temple is in midst of the city built on several acres of land. An idol of Lord Krishna and Radha is placed in the main hall.
Bikaner is situated in the middle of Thar Desert and has a hot climate with very little rainfall and extreme temperatures. The city is most famous for its savoury snack Bikaneri Bhujiya, which is sold all over the world. Apart from this, the place is also famous for its sweets, bajre ki roti, dal baati churma, halwas and much more. Junagarh fort, Laxmi niwas Palace, Rao Bikaji’s fort, Bhandsar Temple, Karni Mata Temple, Laxminath temple etc, are main places to visit in Bikaner.
4) Jaipur: Pink City
Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan. It is also known as “Pink City”, due to the dominant color scheme of its buildings. Jaipur is the only city that was planed with proper rules and regulations and it took almost 4 years to build the city.
The main centre of attractions of Jaipur are:
• Hawa Mahal
• Jal Mahal
• Birla Mandir
• Albert Hall Museum
• Jantar Mantar
5) Jodhpur :
Jodhpur is a city in the Thar Desert of Rajasthan. It is the second largest city of Rajasthan. The famous places to visit in jodhpur are:
• Mehrangarh Fort
• Umaid Bhawan Palace
• Bal Samand Lake
• Ghanta Ghar
And much more…
Kota is a city on the banks of Chambal river in Rajasthan. Kota was previously known as ‘Kotah’. Kota is third most populous city with 1.2 million people after Jaipur and Jodhpur.
The most famous places to visit are:
• Seven Wonders Park
• Kishore Sagar
• Garadia Mahadev Temple
• Kotah Garh
• Jag Mandir
Udaipur, also known as ‘City of Lakes’,is a city in the state of Rajasthan. It is surrounded by the Aravali Range, which separates it from the Thar Desert. Udaipur is also famous for destination weddings. The famous places to visit in Udaipur are:
• City Palace
• Lake Pichola
• Fateh Sagar Lake
• Moti Mahri
• Ahar Museum
Originally called Chitrakuta, the Chittor Fort is said to have been built by Chitranga, a king of the maurya ( mori ) clan. Chittorgarh is home to the Chittor Fort, the largest fort in India and Asia. The places of interests are:
• Chittorgarh Fort
• Kalika Mata Temple
• Vijay Stambh
• Rana Kumbha’s Palace
9) Jaisalmer :
Jaisalmer, popularly known as ‘The Golden City’ is situated in the west of Rajasthan. The town lies in the heart of Thar Desert. The town stands on a ridge of yellowish sandstone, and is crowned by the ancient Jaisalmer Fort. It is the largest district of Rajasthan and 3rd largest district by territorial region in the country, hugged on the west & south-west by the Pakistani border. The main attractions are:
• Jaisalmer Fort
• Jain Heritage of Jaisalmer
• Museums etc.
– Jaskiran Kaur Sokhi