According to Indian computer emergency response team CERT-In Advisory CIAD 2020-0040, it is reported that, some of the malicious actors are planning a large scale phishing attack campaign against Indian individuals and businesses (small, medium, large). This phishing campaign is expected to send malicious emails in the pretext of local authorities. This email will ask this individual to download files and ask personal information like bank details or financial information. These actors will send emails to over 2 million email ids subjecting, “free- COVID-19 testing for all residents of Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai and Ahmadabad”. The email id that is expected to be used is email@example.com and is expected to start from 21st June 21, 2020. To avoid such emails, the best practices that are guided by CERT are:
• Do not open the attachments given in emails.
• Exercise caution when opening e-mail.
• Beware of phishing domain, spelling errors in email, websites and unfamiliar email senders.
• Update spam filters with latest spam mail contents.
• Do not fill any of the personal or financial information.
– Jaskiran kaur sokhi