New Delhi: Cabinet also approves new scholarship scheme for SC students for higher studies abroad
Delhi govt to provide Rs five lakh each per year to 100 students for Ph.d & Masters courses for entire duration upto a maximum limit of Rs 20 lakh
The Delhi Cabinet in its meeting on Thursday chaired by the Chief Minister, Shri Arvind Kejriwal approved the following important proposals :
1) The Cabinet gave its in-principle approval to the Department of Transport’s proposal for free travel to women passengers in all DTC and cluster buses from 29thOctober.
Transport Minister, Shri Kailash Gahlot announced the cabinet decision at a media briefing, the details of which are as follows :
· Single journey duration passes will be issued to women passengers in DTC and Cluster buses.
· Reimbursement to DTC @ Rs. 10/- per single journey duration pass and similar payment in the designated account of Cluster scheme for proper accounting of this facility will be done by the government.
· The free travel scheme will be voluntary – means any woman passenger who wants to purchase a journey ticket, will be free to do so.
· The cabinet directed the DTC to propose suitable amendments in DTC (Free & Concessional Passes) Regulations, 1985 subject to any alterations, if any, so that the same may be notified in the official gazette
· . DTC and DIMTS will strengthen their ticket checking mechanisms to ensure that the facility is not misused and to plug any possible pilferage in issuance of passes for free travel of women.
· Women officers / officials of Delhi government, local bodies and undertakings will not be entitled for transport allowance, in case they opt for free travel facility in DTC and cluster buses. The Departments, local bodies, autonomous bodies etc., will take an undertaking from their women government servants to the effect that they are not availing this free travel facility. Transport Department shall also write to Ministry of Finance, Government of India, after the implementation of scheme to consider issuing necessary instructions to all the Ministries/Departments/Autonomous Bodies belonging to Government of India and located in Delhi.
· There shall be no separate ticket for luggage with women passengers, within the limit prescribed by DTC.
· Airport and Other Special Services – Free travel to be allowed to women passengers for these services too.
NOIDA /NCR Services : Women passengers will be allowed free travel in DTC and Cluster buses plying in the NCR region .
2) The Cabinet approved the SC/ST Welfare Deparment’s proposal for framing a new scholarship scheme to provide financial assistance to SC students for pursuing higher studies abroad –
The scheme envisages providing financial assistance to 100 selected candidates for pursuing higher studies abroad through accredited universities at the level of Masters and Ph.D in the following specified fields of study :
S.NO. Field of study-
2.Pure Sciences & Applied Sciences
3.Agricultures Sciences & Medicine
4.International Commerce, Accounting & Finance
5.Humanities & Social Science
Minimum Qualification :
a) For Ph. D-55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master Degree
b) For Master’s Degree -55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelors Degree.
Below 30 (Thirty) years, as on cut-off date of respective year.
Income Ceiling : Total family income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8,00,000 (Rs. Eight lakh per annum).
Eligibility Criteria :
i) The candidate should be citizen of India.
ii) “The candidate must be a domicile of Delhi.” or “The candidate must be a bonafide resident of Delhi having any documentary proof of residence in Delhi for at least last five years.”
iii) Only one child for the same parents/guardians will be eligible and to this effect a self –certification will be required from the candidates.
iv) Candidates who are employed must forward their applications through their employer, alongwith a ‘No Objection Certificate” (NOC) issued by the employer.
v) The candidate will not be eligible for scholarship/financial assistance under this scheme to pursue the same Level (Master/PhD) course for which he/she has already acquired the qualification from any university either in India or abroad.
Other Mandatory Requirements/Conditions
i) The candidate before leaving for overseas to pursue the course for which he/she was selected, shall give a declaration to Government that he/she has not already acquired the qualification in the meanwhile or has not submitted the final thesis leading to active possibility of acquiring the qualification, from an Indian University.
ii) Students who have already obtained unconditional offer letter for admission in one of the Universities/Educational Institutions abroad which is accredited by an authorized body of that country, from academic session (year) onwards may be considered for the award on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to fulfillment of other conditions of the scheme and availability of the slots.
After completion of the course the candidate shall submit the course completion certificate by the concerned Institution/University to the Secretary, Deptt. for Welfare of SC/ST/OBC, Delhi
The candidate has to give an undertaking that he/she has not received any scholarship financial assistance from any Govt./other organization including university/college for the same course he/she is applying under the scheme.
Duration of award with financial assistance
i) An amount of Rs. 5 Lakhs per annum will be provided subject to maximum of Rs. 20,00,000( Rupee Twenty Lakh only) for the entire period of the duration of Ph. D course and Rs. 5 lakh per annum subject to a maximum of Rs. 10,00,000/-(Rupees Ten Lakh only) for pursuing Masters degree or actual amount whichever is less.
ii) The prescribed financial assistance is provided up to completion of the course/research or the following period, whichever is earlier
a) Ph. D-04 year (Four year)
b) Master’s Degree- 02 years (Two years)
Mode of Payment
The financial assistance will b e credited to the bank account of the candidate in appropriate installments but the 1st installment will be credited immediately after confirmation of the admission and subsequent installment once in every six months/one year, as the case may be, on receipts of progress report from concerned Institution/university abroad or any other documents deemed expedient by the Department.
The scheme is proposed to be implemented from the FY- 2019-20 and budget provisions amounting of Rs. 5 Crore (Rs. 5/- lakh X 100 students) shall be required under scheme.